Monday, August 6, 2007

Music list

For now, this is just in totally random order as we hear songs that we'd like to play at the reception. Source for this list is a day of cleaning, while playing the "classic disco" and "party favorites" stations on our cable music channels!

I'm figuring we should plan on two hours/CDs of dinner music, an 3-4 hours/CDs of dance music. Since that's a LOT of music (what, 120 songs maybe?) I want to start making note of things we'd enjoy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to comment and make suggestions!! We're looking for a wide variety of music types.

Dance music:
Sylvester - Do you wanna funk
Brick house
YMCA
Rock the boat
Get this party started
I'm in love - Evelyn "Champagne" King
Last dance - Donna Summer
I just wanna be your everything - Andy Gibb
Conga - Gloria Estephan
Forget me nots - Patrice Rushen
This thing called love - Queen
Kiss - Prince
Dance With Me cd - lots of the songs
"Let the music play"
At least a half-dozen good two-step songs

Reception music:
Frank Sinatra songs
Santana songs - Give me your heart make it real
Stevie Wonder songs - You are the sunshine of my life
Some good "wedding songs" - At Last, Somewhere over the rainbow, What a wonderful world
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Why walk when you can fly
Kathy Mattea - Where have you been
Van Morrison - Moondance
As ("I'll be loving you Always") - Stevie Wonder song, but George Michaels/Mary K. Blige version

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I suggest a softer music??? IRON AND WINE. They're older stuff is GREAT, and soft and mellow and beautiful... check them out you will love them. Everybody I steer their way does. Have a great reception!