Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ivón takes charge!!

So there is hope for me not having to drag every little thing out of V: Today we had lunch and he announced that his coworker and our friend T., the one who is so good with flowers, is not only VERY enthusiastic about helping with the flowers, she plans to plant as many as she can in her own huge yard for us to use for the wedding.

Not only that, but another one of his work friends, O., is a really good "every-day" baker and she wants to take on making our wedding cake. I had a tiny moment of hesitation since though her cakes are delicious they're generally not professional-looking, but as I just typed into my to-do list, I'd rather have an obvious home-made cake that's delicious and made with love than a fancy bakery cake any day. I'm still having a wee bit of hesitation since V. and O. tend to go up and down in their work friendship, but it's not as if we'd be left without any options if a few weeks before the wedding we had to come up with an alternative. Heck, as far as I'm concerned we could get some yummy regular ordinary double-layer cakes from a good bakery, decorate them with some flowers, and put them on some nice cake stands and that would be more than sufficient.

BTW we already have a cake topper: I don't even remember where it came from, but someone a long time ago gave us a porcelain bride/groom topper that actually looks like it could be us. We doubt seriously that the groom was supposed to look like a bio woman in formal butch drag, but it does, so it works! ::grin::

But of course the big news is that V's taken initiative on things!! Yay! So I just made him officially in charge of the cake: He gets to choose flavor, design, whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have baked a couple of wedding cakes and have the big pans, turntable, etc. and would be willing to loan, teach, assist in the technical details--baking a 15" layer is not anything like baking a 10" layer.

(see, I'm getting caught up here)