Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Two more wedding agreements.

V. enthusiastically agrees that our granddaughters should be our only wedding party. We hadn't really talked about it before, but I'd just been presuming it all along.

And this next one makes me feel a bit obsessive-bridish but here goes:

Sometime before the wedding (as soon as I can afford it, actually), I'm going to start working on getting all the little spider veins in my face removed. When I'd asked a dermatologist about it, he said it would take 2-3 treatments that would cost around $300 each. I feel extremely guilty about spending that kind of money on something that's pure vanity, but what used to bother me just because of how it looked has, for the past several years, really bothered me a lot more because of what others might thing: Apparently, the little red capillaries all over my face are characteristic of someone who is a severe alcoholic.

But as guilty as I feel about spending that kind of money on vanity, V. really feels that I should do it because of how much it bothers me, so I'm gonna. So THERE.

4 comments:

EGE said...

They're called gin blossoms, dear (you thought that was just a clever name for a band, didn't you?). And all the greats have got them. Winston Churchill. Mikhail Gorbachev. Teddy Kennedy. I consider it a mark of genius.

Me, when I'm rich, I'm going to do something about this beard.

Chaya said...

I'm sorry, but as someone who wants folks to look at me on my wedding day and say "oooh, look how beautiful she is!" and not "wow, I never realized how much she looks like Mikhail Gorbachev!" these are not staying as my "mark of genius."

And I may very well have him take care of some of this moustache while I'm at it. I hear you on that one.

EGE said...

Oh my, aren't we a lovely pair?

Chaya said...

Well, fortunately the moustache is kept mostly tamed by wax and tweezers, but I do have my moments when I realize with horror that I look like a characature of someone's Great-Aunt Hilda. I'd like to not have to deal with it, though.