Friday, September 21, 2007

And I was taken aback by wedding favors.

I just read this on a wedding website's "beach weddings" site.

Be sure to place an amenities basket at the entrance to your spot on the beach that is full of essentials for the day outdoors (suntan lotion, bug spray, etc.) and goodies that will remind them of the setting -- embroidered beach blankets with your names and wedding date, shawls for the ladies, or pretty parasols in your wedding colors, for example.

So apparently, not only am I supposed to spend a few bucks per guest for "wedding favors," I'm suppose to spend - how much? $25-30 per person for personalized wedding blankets? And parasols?!? I just can't quite imagine handing any of the women who would be there a "pretty parasol." Or rather, I can imagine it but it always ends with their either doing a spontaneous intervention to try and what I'm shooting that would cause such an intense psychotic episode, or an exorcism to cast out whatever strange creature had stolen my body. "It wasn't Chaya. It was just a weird acting bride in a Chaya suit." A Stepford bride.

This is not my universe. I am surely a stranger in a strange land.

No comments: