Thursday, September 27, 2007

Setting limits.

In order to respect V's limits with regard to discussing wedding details, I'm going to try to limit myself to one basic wedding question a week. That should be more than sufficient, since we're more than 80 weeks away from the wedding.

So, what should my question for this week be? Hmmm...

See, it can't be something too general or "big picture" yet, so "what's your vision for this wedding" is out.

But it also can't be something too specific that could change, like "what types of food would you like to have at the reception?"

I'll have to think about this.

I may open with just confirming some details that I'm 99.9% sure I know the answers to, just to warm-up and allow for a series of quick "Yes" answers before I actually ask something that requires thinking things through.

  • "Do you still support our having a Jewish wedding? I'd like to start contacting rabbis/rabbinical students." (ok, well, I've already done that but again, I'm going for the easy answer to start.)
  • "Do you still want a wedding cake from a Puerto Rican bakery in NYC?" (We'd get someone to pick it up that morning and drive it down, but it's part of our Jewish Wedding/Latin Reception focus.)
  • "How many out of town guests do you think we can realistically plan to have stay here in the house?" (with a 6br 3 floor 2400 sq ft space, we can certainly pack them in if we need to, plus we've talked about borrowing some campers to sit in the driveway. Then again, this might be a better "wait until later" question.)
  • "Can we still have This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" as our "you may kiss the bride" song?" (yes, cheesy and totally non-traditional but it's totally what I want even though I get some eye rolls when I mention it to Von.)
  • "You still ok if I ask M. to sing during the wedding?" (Duh!)

OK, yeah, that's my strategy. That will cover the next month or so, and I'll expand on things from there.

No comments: