Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy day!!

The dress I ordered arrived today and I think I really like it! I'm not making a commitment to it until I find out from a tailor if it can be made to fit right for less than twice what it cost me, but I think it might be a winner - and in case I find something I like better, hey, it was all of $56 and I can probably sell it for something close to that amount on ebay if I keep the tags on it.

Also, I've now heard from TWO different rabbinical students who both sound as if they'd be delightful to have as the officiant for our services. Clearly they don't have time to talk to me much about it until after the high holidays (this weekend) but if one of them can do it based on their schedules, it will be something that will make me seriously happy: I'll get the Jewish wedding I wanted, officiated by someone who really finds great Joy in their Judaism and yet is more than willing to work with us as both a gay and interfaith couple, which so many rabbis/rabbinical students will not do. Actually most Reconstructionist rabbis will officiate over the weddings of queerfolk, but from what I'm told, probably half will not consider officiating at an interfaith service. It probably helps both that this really isn't as much of an "interfaith" service -- it's really better described as a Jewish wedding ceremony but one person isn't Jewish. It also probably helps that we're too old to have kids, so there's no concerns about how the kids will be raised which I'm told is one of the biggest issues with marrying interfaith couples.

In any case, it's a happy day for me. If I decide to keep the dress, I'll pin it where it needs taken in and have a friend take a pic for me to post for y'all to ooooh and ahhh over.

No comments: