Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Something Borrowed

I have decided to borrow (ok, outright steal) and then slightly expand on something that I just read on Dora's wedding blog on Wedding Chickie:
The theme for our wedding is friends, family, good food and beautiful flowers.

I don't feel bad about stealing borrowing this from her because she borrowed it from someone else, and besides that, it's totally true. And I added the friends and family part.

It's yet another one of those things that I don't really get, and is quite obviously not really me. Why does a wedding need a "theme?" Several folks who I've told that we might like to get married on the beach immediately presumed that we were going to do a beach-themed wedding, with everything decorated in some ocean-beach-starfish-mermaids-dolphins-seashells theme. Uh... no, we just might enjoy getting married on the beach. In just my few weeks of hanging out on wedding sites, I've seen polka dot themes, Marie Antoinette themes, cowboy themes, 40's themes, art deco themes, punk themes, even a dog theme.

We just want to get married. If I want themes I'll go to DisneyWorld.

No comments: